N/A Family First Rating
53% Family First Rating
- Definition of marriage – Support
- Encourage marriage – Support
- Role and support of parents – Support
- CYF Complaints Authority – Support
We have no faith in the family court. Change the law.
- Parental choice for education – Support
Child care is parents responsibility.
- Income Splitting – Support
- Unborn child right to life – Undecided
Do not replace one evil with another.
- Informed Consent for Abortion – Oppose
- Parental notification – Support
- Abstinence-based sex education – Support
- Surrogacy – Oppose
- Embryonic stem cell research – Undecided
- Same sex couple adoption – Oppose
Return control of adoption from Government to mother of child. Human rights of gays not important.
- Decriminalise euthanasia – Undecided
- Decriminalise marijuana – Oppose
- Ban on residential brothels – Oppose
Enable local authorities to close noisy disorderly houses.
- Ban on street prostitution – Oppose
- Criminalise buyer of prostitution – Oppose
- Improve broadcasting standards – Support
Broadcasters have pushed the boundaries beyond the "reasonable person" test.
- Prevent sexualisation of children in media – Undecided
- Prevent public nudity – Oppose
"Clearly define" is too blunt. Revert to "reasonable person" test. Enable local authorities enable police to act without fear.
- G-rated billboard advertising – Undecided
"reasonable person" test.
- Raising drinking age – Support
Unfortunately NZ is not civilised enough.
- Decriminalise smacking – Support
- Child Abuse Commission of Inquiry – Undecided
We know what cause child abuse. We do not need Government whitewash or political correctness.
- Liberalise Easter trading laws – Refuse To Say
- Regulation of loan sharks – Undecided
More laws will enrich gangs.
- Reduced gambling – Support
- Welfare Vouchers for At-Risk – Support
- Binding Citizens’ Initiated Referenda – Undecided
Act adopts referenda results. I favour public veto. Binding can trap Government into stupid spending and bankruptcy like in California.