67% Family First Rating
- voted for Marriage Amendment
- voted for Anti-Smacking Law
- voted against Easter Sunday Trading
- voted against Easter Shop Trading
- voted for Raising Drinking Age
- voted for Banning Street Prostitution 1
- voted against Banning Liquor Ads
- voted against Medicinal Marijuana
- voted against Easter Local Trading
- voted against Regulating Loan Sharks
- voted for Banning Street Prostitution 2
- voted against Decriminalising Light Smacking
63% Family First Rating
- Definition of marriage – Support
- Encourage marriage – Support
- Role and support of parents – Support
- CYF Complaints Authority – Undecided
My sense is that any authority similar to the Independent Police Complaints Authority is required..
- Parental choice for education – Undecided
I am not fully convinced that home schooling is best for all currently Home-Schooled children.
- Income Splitting – Undecided
This will be a Party vote - my argument for, will remain in caucus.
- Unborn child right to life – Support
- Informed Consent for Abortion – Support
- Parental notification – Support
- Abstinence-based sex education – Undecided
Impossible to say as question is not definitive enough - Sex education needs to "deal with the Real" - idealism is great the reality bites.
- Surrogacy – Undecided
- Embryonic stem cell research – Undecided
- Same sex couple adoption – Support
It is always the best intrests of the child which is paramount. Many same sex couples are raising children now.
- Decriminalise euthanasia – Oppose
- Decriminalise marijuana – Oppose
- Ban on residential brothels – Support
- Ban on street prostitution – Support
- Criminalise buyer of prostitution – Undecided
I have known a lot of prostitutes and some who have used them - most are sad cases and people in need of help not a conviction.
- Improve broadcasting standards – Support
- Prevent public nudity – Support
- G-rated billboard advertising – Undecided
- Raising drinking age – Support
- Decriminalise smacking – Undecided
It would depend how it is written and who and how the Bill is promoted.
- Child Abuse Commission of Inquiry – Support
- Liberalise Easter trading laws – Oppose
- Regulation of loan sharks – Support
- Reduced gambling – Support
- Welfare Vouchers for At-Risk – Support
- Binding Citizens’ Initiated Referenda – Oppose
Far too simplistic.