N/A Family First Rating
77% Family First Rating
- Definition of marriage – Support
- Encourage marriage – Support
- Role and support of parents – Support
- CYF Complaints Authority – Support
- Parental choice for education – Support
- Income Splitting – Undecided
This may benefit one group and not others e.g. single parent households, etc
- Unborn child right to life – Support
There is a suggestion that abortion may be necessary if the mother's life is threatened. This may be a valid argument and it needs to be viewed on a case by case basis. However abortion is abortion is it not?.
- Informed Consent for Abortion – Support
- Parental notification – Support
- Abstinence-based sex education – Undecided
In some ethnic groups, sex discussion is taboo - meaning it will never be discussed at the dinner table nor on a parent-child basis. So some tuition within reason should be made available in schools for example but with parents consent and full knowledge of.
- Surrogacy – Support
- Embryonic stem cell research – Undecided
- Same sex couple adoption – Oppose
- Decriminalise euthanasia – Refuse To Say
- Decriminalise marijuana – Oppose
- Ban on residential brothels – Support
- Ban on street prostitution – Support
- Criminalise buyer of prostitution – Support
- Improve broadcasting standards – Support
- Prevent public nudity – Undecided
I support changing By laws to stop events such as Boobs on Bikes etc... but as we've seen with the Anti smacking law where it has had the opposite effects as far as good parents being made criminals, a mother breast feeding in public may also be affected by such bill, or [young] children who play on the beach in the nude one may argue (being devils advocate) that by definition it falls under the legislation.
- G-rated billboard advertising – Support
- Raising drinking age – Support
The drinking age has been changed twice in the last decade I believe. I don't believe this is the answer.
- Decriminalise smacking – Support
I do not smack my kids at all nor do I think parents should smack their kids even if non-abusive because I believe the term "non-abusive" is an adult term and the child may label it otherwise both mentally and emotionally. However I support decriminalizing non-abusive smacking having seeing the negative effects the bill has on good parents and it was wrong from the very outset fundamentally.
- Child Abuse Commission of Inquiry – Support
- Liberalise Easter trading laws – Undecided
I think shorter trading hours is a good compromise for non Ester believers.
- Regulation of loan sharks – Support
This is a big issue and it must be fixed but we need to look at ways to improve credit rating for people to ensure sustainable reasonable standard of living.
- Reduced gambling – Support
- Welfare Vouchers for At-Risk – Support
- Binding Citizens’ Initiated Referenda – Support