N/A Family First Rating
80% Family First Rating
- Definition of marriage – Support
- Encourage marriage – Support
- Role and support of parents – Support
- CYF Complaints Authority – Oppose
Additional comment (if any) Instead a worker would have to face up to the complaint and lose their job if found wanting. Security of job must not extend to those who refuse to treat others with respect and dignity.
- Parental choice for education – Support
- Income Splitting – Support
- Unborn child right to life – Support
- Informed Consent for Abortion – Support
- Parental notification – Support
- Abstinence-based sex education – Support
- Surrogacy – Oppose
- Embryonic stem cell research – Oppose
- Same sex couple adoption – Oppose
- Decriminalise euthanasia – Oppose
- Decriminalise marijuana – Oppose
- Ban on residential brothels – Support
- Ban on street prostitution – Support
- Criminalise buyer of prostitution – Support
- Improve broadcasting standards – Support
- Prevent public nudity – Support
- G-rated billboard advertising – Support
- Raising drinking age – Oppose
I would support instead that the courts enforce stricter punishments on disorderly behavior. That drunkenness or under the influence is not a ticket to have a lesser sentence, rather a more severe one.
- Decriminalise smacking – Support
- Child Abuse Commission of Inquiry – Oppose
Instead I would ensure punishment would be effective against those who took part in any child abuse as well as an education programme.
- Liberalise Easter trading laws – Refuse To Say
Instead I would support a bill that allowed only those shops that were seen as providing essential services to open. Marketing would be to limit this to 3.5 days a year. Christmas Day, Good Friday, Easter Sunday and to 12 noon on ANZAC Day.
- Regulation of loan sharks – Oppose
People have to take responsibility for themselves. The terms have to be made clear though.
- Reduced gambling – Support
- Welfare Vouchers for At-Risk – Support
As a first step but it needs more.
- Binding Citizens’ Initiated Referenda – Oppose
Governments can be voted out and so many who sign petitions are unaware of what they are signing which makes a mockery of the petition.