N/A Family First Rating
63% Family First Rating
- Definition of marriage – Support
I think marriage is a biblical thing. Why change it from Adam and Eve to Adam and Steve?
- Encourage marriage – Support
A family unit is a much better environment for Children to to brought up in. I was bought up by a solo mum and can see the benefits of having the male and female qualities embedded in our kiddies.
- Role and support of parents – Support
The government policies seem to be teaching our youth that the world owes them something, that their entitled to something for nothing and its OK to get handouts. We need parents embedding a good work ethic into our kids. They need to know that they will get out of this world what they put in.
- CYF Complaints Authority – Support
Sounds logical, as long as it is not too bureaucratic and therefore slow and expensive.
- Parental choice for education – Support
Not opposed to the idea , as long as the child is getting a proper education and social interaction.
- Income Splitting – Support
- Unborn child right to life – Undecided
An unborn child should also have a right to a life with parents that want it and are set up to provide for it.
- Informed Consent for Abortion – Support
It's not an easy decision and will stay with you for years to come. This may be a good idea to help with making an informed decision
- Parental notification – Support
Parents need to know what their children are up to.
- Abstinence-based sex education – Support
Abstinence would be awesome but not always achievable. So education on all possible outcomes of sex is necessary Parents should be involved!
- Surrogacy – Support
This could be good option if a couple are unable to conceive. Firm legal requirements would need to be in place to save any issues down the track.
- Embryonic stem cell research – Undecided
An embryo is not a baby yet and the research is to help. babies and people.
- Same sex couple adoption – Undecided
- Decriminalise euthanasia – Undecided
People should be able to chose for themselves, but this is a complex issue.
- Decriminalise marijuana – Oppose
This is a de-motivating drug that shouldn't be readily available for kids to use and get hooked on.
- Ban on residential brothels – Support
Its a business so keep it business like.
- Ban on street prostitution – Support
No need for this to be on the streets.
- Criminalise buyer of prostitution – Undecided
- Improve broadcasting standards – Support
kids are like sponges and don't need to see violence, sex or bad language.
- Prevent public nudity – Undecided
- G-rated billboard advertising – Undecided
- Raising drinking age – Support
The cost of binge drinkers to the economy is huge. Driving accidents, fighting, vandalism, alcohol poisoning all add the the loads that the hospitals and ACC have to deal with. Under 20's should be into sports and other past times rather than making a habit of getting wasted.
- Decriminalise smacking – Support
As long as it is for discipline and not smacking in anger.
- Child Abuse Commission of Inquiry – Support
- Liberalise Easter trading laws – Support
The current law seems a bit unfair towards some retailers but not others.
- Regulation of loan sharks – Undecided
It's people choice where they shop for loans or what have you. Rates and fees should be clearly advertised though!
- Reduced gambling – Undecided
Its only a problem if people are gambling money they shouldn't be. The patrons need to be accountable for their actions.
- Welfare Vouchers for At-Risk – Support
Welfare money needs to go on the basics, not luxuries.
- Binding Citizens’ Initiated Referenda – Support
It's not a democracy if the politicians don't listen to the people!. The last two governments have ignored referendums and therefore ignored the people who voted them in. Is our system meant to be an elected dictator or a democracy?