N/A Family First Rating
93% Family First Rating
- Definition of marriage – Support
I support this on both theological and practical grounds..Most couples when they marry wish to have children and create a family.and this still requires the participation of both a man and woman. Parents bond better with their own biological children and feel a much greater duty of care. Children bond and do better in a family with their own biological parents - both of them!
- Encourage marriage – Support
Yes, for the reasons in One. Children may adapt to changing family circumstances but do better in a caring,committed for life, family with their biological parents..
- Role and support of parents – Support
- CYF Complaints Authority – Support
- Parental choice for education – Support
- Income Splitting – Support
- Unborn child right to life – Support
It is tragic that there are so many abortions in New Zealand, particularly when there are also so many families wishing to adopt. We do however have to get to the cause of the problem and drastically reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies
- Informed Consent for Abortion – Support
- Parental notification – Support
- Abstinence-based sex education – Support
Sex education should be primarily the responsibility of the parents. Regrettably many children do not effectively have parents to nurture and guide them therefore it is necessary to have sex education in schools. However there needs to be much stronger rules on age appropriate sex education and the curriculum MUST include the abstinence option and its advantages.
- Surrogacy – Oppose
- Embryonic stem cell research – Oppose
It is wrong and, in the main, is not necessary as huge strides are being made in the use of adult stem cells.
- Same sex couple adoption – Oppose
- Decriminalise euthanasia – Oppose
- Decriminalise marijuana – Oppose
- Ban on residential brothels – Oppose
- Ban on street prostitution – Oppose
We need to look deeper at the causes of prostitution which usually revolve around a total sense of self worth and no understanding of the value of committed long term relationships.
- Criminalise buyer of prostitution – Support
- Improve broadcasting standards – Support
- Prevent public nudity – Support
- G-rated billboard advertising – Support
- Raising drinking age – Support
- Decriminalise smacking – Support
- Child Abuse Commission of Inquiry – Support
Provided it has wide ranging powers that get to the heart of the matter without fear of offending the politically correct.
- Liberalise Easter trading laws – Oppose
- Regulation of loan sharks – Support
- Reduced gambling – Support
- Welfare Vouchers for At-Risk – Support
- Binding Citizens’ Initiated Referenda – Support